ABDUCTED UNITED STATES CHILD LOCATED IN MEXICO, SANTA CLARA DA’S OFFICE & DSS DO NOTHING.
JADE ARELL FLORES
JADE IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND FOSTER CHILD OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY, CA. JADE’S WHEREABOUTS ARE KNOWN.
RIGHT TOP/BOTTOM PHOTOS – NCMEC
THREE LARGE PHOTOS – SURVEILLANCE
IN 2006, 2-YEAR-OLD JADE ARELL FLORES AND HER SISTER WERE REMOVED FROM THEIR PARENTS BY THE DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES AND PLACED INTO STATE CUSTODY. THEY WERE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE PLACED WITH A LOVING FOSTER FAMILY.
ON JULY 6, 2008, JADE WAS NOT RETURNED TO A STATE OWNED CHILD SHELTER FACILITY BY HER FATHER, HEIBY PENA FLORES, FOLLOWING A SCHEDULED VISIT. THE POLICE WERE CONTACTED AND A REPORT FOR ‘CHILD STEALING’ WAS TAKEN.
JADE, A UNITED STATES CITIZEN WAS TAKEN TO A SMALL TOWN IN MEXICO. THE ABDUCTOR HAS A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, PHYSICAL ABUSE AND HAS A FELONY WARRANT FOR HIS ARREST FOR JADE’S KIDNAPPING.
OUR PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR HAS MADE SURVEILLANCE WITH JADE A FEW TIMES SINCE WE DISCOVERED HER WHEREABOUTS. A FEW WEEKS AGO ANOTHER SURVEILLANCE UNIT, INCLUDING AN INVESTIGATOR AND A REPRESENTATIVE OF A LOCAL MEXICAN LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY. THEY FOUND JADE STILL THERE. JADE, IS NOW KNOWN AS “THE ONE SECUESTRADO” (THE KIDNAPPED ONE) IN THE TOWN WHERE HEIBY IS KEEPING HER.
THE RELEVANT AMERICAN CONSULAR AGENT HAS STATED HE IS WILLING TO HELP, BUT THE PROCESS NEEDS TO BE INITIATED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
ALSO CONTACTED WERE THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE AND THE US EMBASSY IN MEXICO CITY. BOTH ADVISED THAT EITHER THE SANTA CLARA DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE OR SANTA CLARA CHILD SERVICES NEED TO INITIATE THE PROCESS.
A DEMAND WAS MADE BY THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S SERVICES TO STOP THE DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION ON THE CASE. THE REASON – PRIVACY CONCERNS. (WE HAVE A COPY OF THAT SIGNED LETTER.)
A POLICE CHIEF IN MEXICO HAS OFFERED TO RECOVER THE CHILD AND TAKE HER TO THE NEAREST EMBASSY SO SHE CAN RETURN HOME.
AT THIS TIME, NO EFFORTS HAVE BEEN OR ARE BEING MADE TO RECOVER JADE AND TAKE HER HOME TO HER SISTER (NOW ADOPTED) AND FOSTER-ADOPT FAMILY. IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITH VERY CAPABLE AGENCIES AT THEIR DISPOSAL, HAVE NOT ONLY FAILED TO DO ANYTHING, BUT ALSO HINDERED THE INVESTIGATION BY DEMANDING RESCUE EFFORTS TO STOP.
MAYBE AN INTERNAL AFFAIRS INVESTIGATION WOULD BE APPROPRIATE UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES? WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE OR DSS AGENCIES TO TAKE THE APPROPRIATE STEPS TO RECOVER THIS ABDUCTED AMERICAN CITIZEN?
Foster Child Jade Flores Kidnapped on July 6, 2008 Located in Mexico
• Jade is an American citizen and foster child from Santa Clara County California.
• She was abducted by her non-custodial parent Heiby Flores, a convicted felon with multiple violent offenses who fled to Mexico (MX) with her.
• At the time of abduction, Jade was living in Santa Clara County with a foster family that had previously adopted Jade’s biological sister.
• September 2008: Prosecuting District Attorney (DA) gave permission for Foster Parent to hire a private investigator and have a Facebook page to help locate Jade.
• December 2008: Information received from Confidential Informant of location of Jade in MX. All information was given to District Attorney Investigator and Santa Clara County Social Services.
• December 2010: Information received from additional Confidential Informant of same location of Jade in MX, Including Map of current location, school attending, and photos of her. All information was given to DA investigator handling the case and Social Services.
• February 2011: Private Investigator (PI) gave presentation to DA Investigator of all information and requested a Hague (The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, is a multilateral treaty developed by the Hague Conference on Private International Law that provides an expeditious method to return a child internationally abducted. The Convention was drafted to ensure the prompt return of children who have been abducted from their country of habitual residence or wrongfully retained in a contracting state not their country of habitual residence) to bring home Jade. DA and Social Services declined to act.
• May 2011: Social Services sent letter to Foster Parents telling them they may not independently search for Jade, have a Facebook page, or exchange any information about Jade to anyone.
• August 2011: Confidential Informant contacted DA Abduction Department directly and shared information previously shown to Social Services and DA Investigator in May 2011.
• June 2012: Private Investigator informed DA and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children of location of Jade Flores.
• November 2012- Confidential Informant in Mexico contacted Private Investigator (PI) and PI sent surveillance unit to find Jade. Child was located and information was sent to National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
• November 2013 Private Investigator informed by previous Confidential Informant that Jade is still in Mexico, sent surveillance unit to MX, located Jade, has photos and video with time stamp.
• NO discernible action taken to date by Santa Clara County District Attorney or Social Services to bring Jade home to US.
Jade Flores is a foster child who was abducted by her assumed non-custodial father and taken to Mexico in 2008. The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office and Department of Children and Family Services has failed and neglected to protect her and bring her home to her loving fost-adopt family and sister. Even though the DA and Social Services have known of the whereabouts of Jade for many years, they have chosen to not get a Hague, or request help for ICE, FBI or any other agency who specialize in bringing home kidnapped children.
Please help us bring Jade home.
Contact Private Investigator Wilhelm von Mayer at 423-987-6150 for more information.